7.26.2010

words, words, words

I recently discovered a new (well, new to me) artist/author. He is a little different...my brother says he draws like a kindergartener. His words, however, are very inspiring. He has a way to sum things up in a sentence or two and I think many people appreciate this. I have posted a few of my favorites (so far) and hope to read some more soon. He is definitely a man who loves his wife and his children, has been through some hard times, and who has a refreshingly unique perspective on life.

Quotes from Brian Andreas:
- "Anyone can slay a dragon ...but try waking up every morning and loving the world all over again. That's what takes a real hero."

- "This is a giant block of whatever is most difficult for you to carry and trust me on this, you'll carry it more times than you can count until you decide that's exactly what you want to do most and then it won't weigh a thing anymore."

- "We sat in the car
the night dropped
down until the
only sounds were
the crickets and
the dance of our voices

for a moment
the world became
small enough to
roll back and forth
between us."

- "You may not remember the time you let me go first.
Or the time you dropped back to tell me it wasn't that far to go.
Or the time you waited at the crossroads for me to catch up.
You may not remember any of those, but I do and this is what I have to say to you:

Today, no matter what it takes,
we ride home together."

- "I read once that the ancient Egyptians had fifty words for sand and the Eskimos had a hundred words for snow. I wish I had a thousand words for love, but all that comes to mind is the way you move against me while you sleep and there are no words for that."

- "You're the strangest person I ever met," she said. I said you too; we decided we'd know each other a long time."

- "I wish you could have been there for the sun & the rain and the long, hard hills. For the sound of a thousand conversations scattered along the road. For the people laughing and crying and remembering at the end. But, mainly, I wish you could have been there."

- "I held her close for only a short time, but after she was gone, I'd see her smile on the face of a perfect stranger and I knew she would be there with me all the rest of my days."

- "It is hard to forget, I said, when there is such an empty space when you are gone."

- "I sometimes wake in the early morning and listen to the soft breathing of my child and I think to myself, this is one thing I will never regret and I carry that quiet with me all day long."

- "Waiting for the pen to dry up so he can start fresh with thoughts that are worth new ink."

- "There are things you do because they feel right and they may make no sense and they may make no money and it may be the real reason we are here: to love each other and to eat each other's cooking and say it was good."

No comments:

Post a Comment