8.10.2010

Well, my job is winding down...this Saturday should be my last day. Seasonal at best, I guess. I made in killing in commission though, thanks to the tax-free weekend. Can't complain about that.

I guess now it is back to re-arranging the bedroom and trying to squeeze in all my furniture.

A few things I learned from this weekend filled with shoes and impatient customers:

1. America runs on cigarettes and Mountain Dew. Literally. I thought this before (after working in a label-packaging factory), but I truly believe it now. These people don't believe in lunch breaks. All they focus on is who is bringing them a drink and when they can step out for a smoke.

2. Wearing dress shoes on a concrete floor for any amount of time over 3 hrs hurts your feet horribly.

3. Because of this pain, one must take significant amounts of ibuprofen for the first day or so just to be able to sleep.

4. Black people will try on every shoe in the store, not put them back in their spots, and then buy one pair on clearance.

5. White people will ask you to come help them find their size. Even if all the boxes are clearly labeled. It is like they can't read or something. It amazes me.

6. Cleaning dozens of mirrors is fun. They don't argue.

7. Smiling always helps.

8. Don't look at the clock.

9. Only right shoes are put on display (except Timberlands) and they must all face the same direction.

10. Corporate holds a significant amount of mental power over their stores. That inspection was scary...and I didn't even have much to lose.

11. As soon as you put all the socks on the rack, somebody will want the pair at the very back.

12. Cutting up with your co-workers is essential.

13. Peanut butter and jelly goes rather well with Doritos.

No comments:

Post a Comment